Botha Kruger Profile
Cape Town, South Africa
- Managing Director: ConsultBrain Management
- Director: FutureLead Consulting
- Director: Higher Education Management Africa (a FutureLead initiative)
- Associate Consultant: Deloitte Namibia
- Managing Director: Waza Imports
- MA (Political Science) cum laude
I am a management consultant with more than 18 years’ experience in strategy development, facilitation, organisation design, business planning and programme management. My industry exposure in Southern Africa includes ICT, FMCG, tertiary education, agriculture, non-profit, government, banking, financial services, retail, agribusiness & processing, media & publishing, wine, hospitality, development, health services, food processing, public finance, import and transport. I either work as an individual on projects, or as part of large consulting teams.
- I am currently Network Coordinator of the SARUA Curriculum Innovation Network, a collaborative network of universities and stakeholders across the Southern African Development Community (SADC), working together to develop a regional Master’s curriculum and courseware in climate change and sustainable development. I was also project manager of the preceding multi-country mapping study of knowledge production gaps in southern Africa, available for download here.
Strategy development and facilitation
- Since 1999 I have been a strategy consultant and facilitator of Exco retreats, strategic planning sessions, innovation forums, multi-stakeholder industry workshops and work sessions for inter alia Standard Bank, Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, Meat Board of Namibia, Deloitte, Agro-Marketing Trade Agency (AMTA), Investment Solutions, Brand South Africa, South African Centre for the Netherlands and Flanders (SASNEV), Mfesane, Namibian Agronomic Board, Roads Fund Administration, Leserskring (Naspers Group), Freddy Hirsch Group, Stellenbosch University and Bush Radio.
Organisation and business model design
- I have designed, developed and reviewed organisational structures and business operating models for inter alia British American Tobacco (SA), Namibia University of Science & Technology, Development Bank of Namibia, Old Mutual Investment Group Property Investments (OMIGPI), State-Owned Enterprise Governance Council, Namibian Public Service Commission, Vlocity Wireless, Institute for Security Studies (ISS) and Banco ATLANTICO.
- I have been part of large business improvement consulting teams, including as business process (re)design consultant to inter alia Social Security Commission, Polytechnic of Namibia and Cape Technikon and as team leader of business optimisation reviews for inter alia Suiderland Group, University of Zululand and the Roads Contractor Company.
Project and programme management
- Apart from those projects listed above, I have been project manager of information and knowledge management engagements for inter alia Agri-Vie, Remgro, Engen and British American Tobacco (SA) and was the joint project manager of South Africa’s National Framework for Sustainable Development.
- I have designed and analysed multiple stakeholder and organisational surveys, including climate surveys, stakeholder engagement surveys, employee satisfaction surveys and innovation surveys for inter alia Standard Bank, University of Limpopo, Ministry of Justice (Namibia), Suiderland Group, Polytechnic of Namibia, Deloitte, Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS), University of the Witwatersrand, Ministry of Health and Social Services (Namibia) and the Southern African Regional Universities Association (SARUA).
Email me at info[at]consultbrain.com for a detailed profile.